When it comes to keeping your home safe, it’s undeniable that restricting access using locks is the primary focus. But like all human inventions, locks are capable of failing. Much to the frustration of their owners, they could prevent you from gaining access to their homes or whatever it is the locks are supposed to be guarding. This is when you will need a locksmith – one that knows what they are doing, efficient, reliable and trustworthy. The following tips will provide you with the info you need to look for a suitable locksmith .
- Prior to hiring a locksmith , research them. You’ll want to ensure they’re reputable and reliable.
- You need to be sure that the person you hire has your best interest and not their own. There are certainly unscrupulous players out there who will try to take your money.
- Avoid additional fees by using a locksmith during regular hours. The “after hours” costs of locksmiths vary wildly. The price can almost double on services you need.
- If the locksmith gives you a price that is higher than their quotes, look elsewhere for your services. The locksmith trade is very competitive.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to find out if a locksmith is reliable. This will let you the information you need for your peace of mind.
- Try to find a locksmith who is a member of a professional locksmith organization. It’s not a must, but being a part of trade organizations keeps him current on changes to the field. It also helps to tell you he is not some fly by night operation that will leave you high and dry!
- Check a locksmith’s credentials before you let him inside your home. This can be done asking to see their identification, locksmith license, and business card.
- Do not use any locksmith who charges more than you expected. There are many scammers out there who want to rip you to deal with one that is not upfront and honest with you.
- Prior to scheduling an appointment, be sure that the locksmith can provide you with proper identification. You may even warn them before they arrive that you will be looking for it. A professional run business will show up in uniform and have the right identification to present to their clients.
- Though you surely want a great price, you also may get what you pay for when you go too cheap. Sometimes this will mean that you can’t trust the person to do the work correctly.
- Get references before you allow a locksmith in your house. Call all of the references before hiring them. You should trust the locksmith and a person that you can completely trust.
- Find out how long a locksmith has been in business. If the business has been around for a long time, you can probably trust its quality. New locksmiths are not necessarily untrustworthy, but you should be careful about the lack of experience.
- Obtain a list of previous customers from a locksmith before you trust him with your keys and locks. Reputable businesses never balk at providing references, you simply need to follow up and call them.
And If you Need Help with keeping your home safe…
Call Alcatraz Lock at (602) 677-5045 to hire a locksmith with an outstanding reputation with years of experience to their name.