What should you do to find the right locksmith ? What should you look out for when searching for one? And after you have found one, what should you do to maintain a long business relationship with them? These post will answer those questions and more.
- Whenever possible, do online searches on potential locksmiths . It is not hard to find reviews for locksmiths and other services online. Just be sure that the locksmith is not affiliated with the review site. In addition, check with the local BBB office before you hire a locksmith .
- Verify a locksmith’s credentials before letting them into your home. This can be done by cross-referencing the business address listed with the phone number.
- One of the first questions you ask a locksmith is how many years they have ran their business. Make sure they’ve also been operating from the same location. A company with more than five or ten years of experience in one area is probably on the up and up.
- Find out how long a locksmith has been in business. If it’s been active for a long time, most likely the company is one that you can trust. You shouldn’t automatically distrust a new locksmith, but do know that not having many years of experience is a caution flag.
- Don’t always believe a locksmith that says they have to replace your lock. A capable locksmith will get your door open without drilling and replacing your lock; and you should also be able to get a new key.
- There are many websites that provide reviews online. Make sure review websites are not run by a locksmith. You should also go to your local BBB before you decide on a good record with the Better Business Bureau.
- It is in your best interests to Google the person who comes to do the job. Don’t feel embarrassed when you do; protection of yourself isn’t just about locks. If there is something about the person that rubs you the wrong way, contact the company and request that another person come to your home to do the job.
- Locksmiths are usually much more expensive when you call after normal business hours . Some locksmiths may charge outrageous fees.
- Check the credentials of a locksmith before you let him inside your home. You can check out their business address with their given phone number. With the World Wide Web at your fingertips, it has become increasingly easy to look someone up and make sure that they are trustworthy, so take advantage of this!
- Remember that by using a locksmith, you are essentially allowing someone to enter your home whose job it is to pick locks. If your instincts tell you no, then call a different locksmith. To help protect yourself, meet the locksmith at their office, instead of allowing them to meet you at your home.
- It is customary to give a tip to the locksmith if he did a good job, so give him a tip if you think he deserves it. This is especially the case if the situation was an emergency one.
Following these tips can ensure that you do not fall victim to fraudulent people masquerading themselves as genuine locksmith. They can also help maintain good working relationship with your locksmith.
If you’re still searching for a locksmith, look no further for we at Alcatraz Locksmith provide high quality locksmith services . Call us today at (602) 677-5045.